A beefy, garlicky burger accented with rosemary and a tangy yet creamy blue cheese sauce; this is a match made in backyard barbecue heaven. Match this gourmet blue burger with the delicious LE22 Malbec Bonarda Syrah.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Yield: About 24 Pinwheels
Ingredients for Gourmet Blue Burger:
Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola (2 1/2 oz) or another blue cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, grated (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Good quality burger buns (toasted if preferred)
- Optional toppings such as sautéed onions, baby arugula, or other traditional garnishes (as preferred).
Blue Cheese Sauce:
- Combine blue cheese with sour cream, milk, vinegar and garlic (if using); season with salt and pepper (to taste). Set aside.
- Preheat grill or a cast iron skillet to medium.
- Stir egg yolk with garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, rosemary, salt and pepper until well combined. Crumble in beef and mix gently by hand until uniformly combined. Form beef into 4 patties (about 3 1/2-inch in diameter), pressing a thumb-sized indent in centers to help patties keep shape during cooking.
- Cook patties, on grill or in skillet, for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through (or until an instant-read thermometer inserted through side of patty registers 71°C/160°F). Serve on buns topped with blue cheese sauce and other toppings as preferred.
For sautéed onions, cook sliced onions in butter or olive oil until golden. (Add a little water as needed to help onions soften without scorching.) Season with salt, pepper and a splash of Worcestershire (to taste).
Your guests will enjoy these delicious Gourmet Blue Burgers with the impeccable LE22 Malbec Bonarda Syrah.
To Download Full Recipe Click Here.