CONGRATULATIONS TO THE HOME VINTNER WINE GUILD MEMBERS KEN & DAVE
Ken and Dave both entered the 2014 WineMaker International Amateur Wine Competition and came away with medals. Ken was awarded one Gold medal and two Silver medals, and Dave was awarded one Bronze medal. With 3,111 entries representing over seven countries, that is some serious competition. Our congratulations again to our local stars!
WinExpert kits placed well internationally, netting 202 awards.
- LE products won 36 medals – 7 Gold, 9 Silver, 20 Bronze
- Vintners Reserve and World Vineyard took 25 Medals, 2 Gold, 5 Silver, 18 Bronze
- Island Mist had 6 different categories to choose from, netting 22 medals! 8 Gold, 6 Silver and 8 Bronze.
- Dessert wine (Port) always does well netting 20 medals. Chocolate Raspberry took 15 of those being the runaway favourite.
- Newcomer World Vineyard Moscato ran away with 6 medals in its category, plus an additional Gold as a sparkling wine.
- Other big individual scoring kits were Selection Australian Chardonnay (4), LE German Traminer Spatlese (6), Selection German Muller Thurgau (5), Eclipse Lodi Ranch 11 Cabernet Sauvignon (7), Vintners Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (4), Eclipse Napa Valley Stag’s Leap Merlot (8), Eclipse Barolo (7), LE Argentine Malbec Bonarda (5), LE Washington Meritage (4), Selection Italian Amarone (4), LE Spanish Matador Trio Red (4), Special Riesling Ice Wine Style (4), Island Mist Green Apple Riesling (5).