Using three different types of mushrooms truly deepens the earthy flavours that pair so naturally with Pinot Noir, making this rustic yet elegant Pork Tenderloin with Forest Mushroom Sauce dish a great match for our Winexpert™ LE21 Pinot Noir Shiraz.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Yield: 4 servings
- 1 ½ cups mushroom broth (approx.)
- 1 pkg (14 g) dried porcini or mixed mushrooms
- 2 tbsp each butter and olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced mixed fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 600 g)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Winexpert™ LE21 Pinot Noir Shiraz or similar style red wine
- Mashed potatoes, hot cooked noodles or polenta (optional)
- Bring broth and dried mushrooms to a boil in a small pot set over medium heat; remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Strain, reserving broth and mushrooms separately. Top up broth to measure 1 cup (if needed). Chop rehydrated mushrooms; set aside.
- Heat half the butter and oil in a large skillet. Add fresh mushrooms, onion and thyme; sauté for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Add rehydrated mushrooms and garlic, season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 1 minute then scrape into a bowl.
- Meanwhile, cut pork into 1 ½-inch thick medallions. Season with salt and pepper; coat evenly with 1 tbsp flour.
- On medium, heat remaining butter and oil in a large skillet. Brown pork until golden on each side; set aside. Return mushroom mixture to pan. Stir in mustard and remaining flour. Stir in wine to deglaze skillet; stir in reserved broth and bring to a simmer, stirring, until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low. Return pork tenderloin to skillet; cook, turning once in sauce, for 5 to 7 minutes or until just a hint of pink remains in the centre. Serve pork with the side dish of choice and spoon sauce over top.
- Replace the pork tenderloin with 4 small chicken breasts. Adjust the final simmer time to ensure that the chicken is fully cooked before serving.
A Tasty Pork Tenderloin With Forest Mushroom Sauce dish recipe, make sure you enjoy with a glass of Winexpert™ LE21 Pinot Noir Shiraz!
To Download Full Recipe Click Here.
Pork Tenderloin With Forest Mushroom Sauce Video