Easy yet elegant, these savoury Salmon Pinwheels are perfect for the fruity palate and balanced acidity of the LE22 Viognier Roussane Marsanne.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Yield: About 24 Pinwheels
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp (total) minced fresh herbs such as parsley, dill, chives and thyme
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp minced capers
- 2 sheets pre-rolled puff pastry (about 454 g), thawed
- 1 large package (250 to 300 g) sliced smoked salmon, thawed, if frozen
- 1 egg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Blend cream cheese with herbs, lemon zest, capers and black pepper (to taste).
- Unroll pastry sheets on a large work surface or cutting board. Divide cream cheese mixture between sheets spreading evenly and leaving a 1-inch rim. Arrange smoked salmon in a single layer over cream cheese on each sheet.
- Starting at a short end, roll up pastry, pinwheel-style; set seam-side-down and slice with a sharp knife, about 1/2-inch thick. Arrange on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet(s).
- Beat egg with 1 tbsp water; lightly brush over exposed pastry.
- Bake pinwheels for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Make ahead and freeze baked pinwheels layered between sheets of parchment paper in a sealed container for up to one month. Rewarm pinwheels from frozen for 5 to 7 minutes at 400°F.
Your friends and family will love these delicious Smoked Salmon Pinwheels with the wonderful LE22 Viognier Roussane Marsanne.
To Download Full Recipe Click Here.