There has been a lot of buzz about the LE2012 Washington Riesling Chenin Blanc. Many of our staff and customers have just been bottling this March release, and the feedback has been tremendous. It’s crisp with light acidity, soft fruits and just a hint of sweetness. This is such a crisp, pleasing and enjoyable sipping wine that you are sure to go back for another glass. Some of the feedback we have been hearing is:
- I was sampling when I was bottling, and had to have another glass, it’s just so fantastic!
- This would make a great sparkling wine.
- I’ve been testing it against some of my award winning favorites and it blows them right out of the water.
- I can see myself sitting on the deck with this wine and sipping the afternoon away.
- I just can’t say enough about this wine, it’s fruity yet subtle with a hint of sweetness.
- and the quote that made me laugh the most – from somebody who shall remain nameless: Chick’s will love this – I need another kit!
The pairing that we served with the commercial equivalent of this kit at the LE2012 launch was the Israeli Couscous and Apricot Salad (from Sobey’s) with an oven crisped pancetta twiel and some shaved Parmigiana Reggiano (or Grana Padano) dusted over the top. There are a few LE2012 releases still available – and happily they are now $10 off. Don’t wait too long and be disappointed!
Description: Riesling delivers boldly classic notes of apple and stone fruit, while Chenin Blanc lends more subtle hints of melon and honey. Savour tastes of apricot, peach, green apple, quince and honey. Juicy, thirst-quenching, and delicious, this is an excellent food wine that begs to be paired with elegant finger foods.
Sweetness: Off Dry Body: Full Alcohol: 13%