An upgraded twist on a viral favourite, this easy and indulgent baked cheese can be served as an appetizer or transformed into a main course. The crisp acidity of The Winexpert™ LE21 Macabeo Sauvignon Blanc is the perfect match for the tangy, salty ingredients in this Baked Feta dish.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Yield: 8 servings
- 1 lb. cherry or grape tomatoes (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup quartered, pitted Kalamata olives, or olive of choice
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp drained capers
- 1 brick (400 g) goat, sheep or cow’s milk Feta cheese
- Pinch each dried oregano, chili flakes and fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Crostini or sliced baguette
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Scatter tomatoes in a shallow, 8-cup baking dish. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with olives, garlic and capers. Shake dish to distribute ingredients and coat tomatoes in oil.
- Arrange Feta in centre of the dish. Turn cheese to coat in oil and sprinkle with oregano, chili flakes and pepper. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until tomatoes have burst and the feta is softened.
- Garnish with fresh basil. Serve with a knife to spread the cheese over crostini and a spoon for the roasted tomato compote. Unlike many cheeses, Feta will not get soft and gooey when cooked; however, it will soften and become spreadable.
Make this a main course by adding the cheese and tomatoes to 1 lb. of cooked pasta, breaking up the cheese into small chunks and adding a bit of reserved pasta water to combine.
Absolutely delicious Baked Feta dish, enjoy with a glass of The Winexpert™ LE21 Macabeo Sauvignon Blanc!!
To Download Full Recipe Click Here.
Baked Feta With Tomatoes, Olives and Capers Video