OUR MARCH LIMITED EDITION IS ARRIVING
A collection of five limited edition varietals from some of the world's legendary wine growing regions are released January through April. Now known simply as LE2013, named for the harvest year. Each wine is vineyard specific.
March • article on Oregon Pinot Noir - Willamette Valley, Oregon - arriving the first week of March, please phone before you drop in.
• video on Oregon Pinot Noir
If you missed pre-ordering we have extras available!
Remaining January South African Shiraz Cabernet now includes free liquid yeast.
INTRODUCING THE 2014 SELECTION ROSÉ LIMITED RELEASE
Australian Grenache Rosé - crisp hints of red cherry, fresh strawberry with a barely off-dry, refreshing finish. Enjoy it this summer with your favourite summer salads and barbeque fare. Only a limited quantity of this fantastic varietal was produced so get yours before they’re gone! This is one of Paul's favourite wines for the summer. Arriving mid March.
DYNAMIC DUO - STRAWBERRY WATERMELON WINE COOLER
Introducing a fresh, new Island Mist flavour just in time for summer. We are excited to announce our new flavour: Strawberry Watermelon White Shiraz. Available mid March. Serve this on the deck with fresh strawberries and watermelon.
KICK OFF THE SUMMER WITH...
New Island Mist Hard Pink Lemonade and Hard Limeade, here for a limited time.
Get ready to start your very own backyard lemonade stand with these delicious creations from Island Mist. With flavours of freshly squeezed lemons, Hard Pink Lemonade has the classic taste with a kick. New Hard Lime is refreshingly tart with flavours of freshly squeezed limes and just the right amount of sweet. Both flavours are 7.5% alcohol, with a sweetness code of 5. Available for a limited time only, so stock to up to ensure you don’t run out!
CUSTOMER LOG IN
You may now personally review your wine and beer purchase history from our website. Click here to visit the sign in spot. It's easy! Just go to our website and click 'Customer Login' on the left hand side. Enter your email address and click on the bottom section to have a temporary password sent to you. Once you receive your temporary password, be sure to customize it.
SELECTION FRENCH MERLOT RETURNS IN APRIL
Direct from the vineyards of southern France, this classic varietal is rich with ripe fruit and berry flavours, yet soft and elegant. Dry, full-bodied and deeply coloured boasting a complex velvety taste accentuated with premium French oak. We have had a strong following for this wine, so many will be happy to be able to grow their cellar.
Sweetness: DRY | Body: MEDIUM | Oak Intensity: MEDIUM
PLEASE ASK THE EXPERTS
Remember that Home Vintner's staff are experts in our field, and we are here to answer any of your questions. While we encourage you to be creative and modify kits, more than anything, we want you to get the highest quality from your finished product.
Talk to our friendly, knowledgeable staff prior to modifying any kits. Chances are we’ve tried something similar ourselves. Not all modifications, however well intentioned, work to get the best out of your kit.
Keep in mind that winemaking is equal parts science and art. The Home Vintner staff are always willing to help you make the best wine ever!
PROPERLY AGED WINE IN YOUR CELLAR
Ageing has the potential to add more aroma, flavour and character to your wine. It's a key component to maximizing the quality of your kits. However, ageing requires patience and self restraint, which can be difficult when you’ve just completed a batch of your favourite wine. Many of our winemakers end up drinking the final bottle in a batch, just as it’s at it’s peak. The Home Vintner staff have come up with a few suggestions on how to get ahead of the curve, and with a little math and a little investment, you can build up an enviable wine cellar of perfectly aged wine.
1) Figure out how much wine you consume in one year.
2) Add 15% - 20% for unexpected guests and emergencies
3) Make double your yearly consumption- all at once.
4) After bottling, put half of the wine in your cellar, and leave it. Always remember to date your bottles!
On the anniversary of your first big batch, put on enough to last you for one year, and put this batch to the back of your cellar.
We realize that space is often a concern for you and making so much wine all at once is sometimes not feasible. A second way to build your cellar is to invest in an extra carboy or two, and try to double or triple up your batches. Bottle one for your use, and one for your cellar. Within a year, you should have a well stocked, well aged cellar.
Recommendations from Tim Vandergrift, our Winexpert Consultant
WINE & BEER MAKING CLASSES
Over 20,000 people have attended our wine & beer making courses since 1993. During March we are offering 2 for 1! $25.00 for you and a friend. Join us as we walk you through the steps.
If you have taken this course before and would like a refresher, there is no charge for you and a guest.
97% of class participants would recommend us to a friend.
Classes for March are now posted - click here to go to our event calendar...
• Both Paul and Ron were very knowledgeable and their experiences shined through during the session. Demonstration was well done and very informative on how to make both wine and beer. Overall really well done and I would recommend attending a class before going into home made brew or wine."
• There is increasing scientific evidence that moderate, regular wine drinking can reduce the risk of heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, stroke, and gum disease.
• Red wines are red because fermentation extracts colour from the grape skins. White wines are not fermented with the skins present.
• US president Obama lost a bet with Stephen Harper and will be sending him some beer after Team USA lost against Canada in the Olympic men's hockey game - hopefully it will be some of his home made Brewers Best . Available in all of our stores.
• We are working with the Brew Master of Paddock Wood; join us on Twitter to see the news releases. Now available - Carib Lager, Stout, Pale Ale and Red Ale. We bring in a new skid every week of whatever the Brew Master is making that week. (Don't use brew belts on this product)
• During March $4 off Barons Canadian Lager and Redwood; for guidance with our add-on packages talk to our knowledgeable staff.
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK TO QUALIFY FOR OUR MONTHLY DRAW
To enter, become a friend of The Home Vintner on Facebook. This month's winner of a $25.00 gift certificate is Josh Nob...
click here to like us on facebook...
MONTHLY STORE DRAW
Each month, every wine or beer purchase automatically enters you into our monthly draw. This month's winner of a $25.00 gift certificate is Mary He...
JOIN US ON TWITTER - MONTHLY DRAW STARTS IN APRIL
Join us on twitter @TheHomeVintner to keep up with the latest news, events, sales, questions and comments.
Monthly prizes begin in April.
SPECIAL OFFERS IN MARCH - $5 OFF
• World Vineyard Chilean Merlot
• World Vineyard Italian Pinot Grigio
• Vintners Reserve Sangiovese
• Vintners Reserve Chamblaise