Blog

Allergic Reaction to Red Wine

Posted October 2nd, 2015 | 0 Comments

Some people think they are allergic to sulphites. The fact is, sulphite allergies are very rare. It's more likely that they're having a histamine reaction.  What most people describe as a sulphite headache is a reaction to compounds found in wine known as bioamines.  An example of a bioamine is malolactic fermentation. 

Some commercial wineries add malolactic bioamines before the end of alcohol fermentation in order to get the wine on the market sooner.  The Home Vintner wine kits are not processed in this way, therefore do not provoke allergic reactions.

« Previous post Next Post »
SEARCH ALL ARTICLES

Blog Archive

2017
2016
2015
2014
2013
2012
2011
2010
Home | Winemaking | Products | Wine Ideas | About Us | Contact | Events | Gallery | Offers | Newsletter | © 2017 Site Design by Web Design Vancouver by Sharkbite Powered by Vortex CMS