Articles & News
Creative Uses For Recycling Wine Corks
Posted August 20th, 2010 | 2 Comments
Any wine enthusiast is likely to have an overabundance of wine corks. Did you know there are many ways in which to reuse your corks? All it takes is a little time, a few tools and a bit of creativity in order to create a number of home made cork accessories. Rather than throwing your corks away, why not try some of these projects?
- Store your reminders on this fabulous cork board.
- In need of a new bath mat by any chance? Look no further.
- It's never too early to get started on those holiday wreaths.
- Weddings are expensive enough. Save some money with cork place card holders.
- Perhaps you're in the market for some new coasters? These wine cork coasters are perfect for holding your wine glasses.
- If you're in the midst of a home renovation project, cork baseboards are a super chic option.
- The garden can also benefit from cork as a moisture retaining mulch. Simply, chop or grind your used corks and sprinkle over your garden.
- If you happen to have a few thousand corks at your disposal and plenty of time on your hands, check out the chair Gabriel Wiese made of corks.
- And if you're feeling especially ambitious, you may want to consider following the lead of one homeowner who covered his entire house in wine corks. Dedication at its finest.
Whatever your style or craft level, anything we can do to be a little more eco-friendly, small or large, all while getting to enjoy our favorite wine is naturally a win-win situation.
(Photo Credit: Factory Direct Craft Blog)
Post filed under: Latest News
Post a Comment
What are your thoughts? Simply fill out this form below to post a comment.